V'Anne Huser (LWV Lavaca County) Issue Chair
Coalitions and Resources
- Texas Council on Family Violence is one of the largest domestic violence coalitions in the country. We promote safe and healthy relationships by supporting service providers, facilitating strategic prevention efforts, and creating opportunities for freedom from family violence.
- To find help, call a line for who serves your local area, or call one of the national hotlines:
- Texas Council on Family Violence promotes safe and healthy relationships by supporting service providers, facilitating strategic prevention efforts, and creating opportunities for freedom from domestic violence. Phone: 512-794-1133 Toll-Free: 1-800-525-1978
- Texas Association Against Sexual Assault is the unifying voice to eliminate sexual violence in Texas. As the statewide coalition of rape crisis centers, advocates, and survivors, we are committed to fostering a culture that respects the fundamental rights and dignity of all Texans Phone: 512-474-7190 Toll Free: 1-888- 343-4414
- Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) 1-800-787- 3224 (TTY)
- Sexual Assault Hotline 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Teen Dating Abuse Hotline 1-866-331-9474, 1-866-331-8453 (TTY)
- Victim Hotline 1-855-4-Victim (855-484-2846)
The League of Women Voters of Texas supports adequately funded state and local programs that work to eliminate the incidence of domestic violence and to alleviate its effects.