At its October 7, 2019 meeting the White Plains Common Council:
- Further continued a hearing on changing the zoning of 52 North Broadway until December 2.
- Approved several capital projects and the associated borrowing.
- Accepted a $100,000 grant for counter terrorism training and equipment, one for $40,000 for the Clubmen Higher Aims Program, and a $90,000 gift for various youth programs.
- Amended the budget of the RESTORE program which provides financing to homeowners for emergency repairs.
- Made adjustments to some utility easements.
- Tabled a change to the parking law which would allow metered spots on Hillside Terrace.
- Held a hearing on the redevelopment of the YMCA building on Mamaroneck Avenue.
At the Citizens to be Heard session before the meeting people spoke about:
- Overdevelopment near the Purdy Hill neighborhood
- Health benefits for retired firefighters
- The Good Counsel development
- Allowing 12-hour parking on Hillside Terrace
Submitted by LWVWP Board Member Clifford Blau
The calendar of upcoming meetings for the various boards and agencies can be found at https://www.cityofwhiteplains.com/853/Common-Council-BoardsCommissions-Mtgs-Ca
Meetings and Citizens to be Heard can be viewed at http://whiteplainsny.swagit.com/live/ or on your government cable access channel.