The League of Women Voters of White Plains works to encourage the informed and active participation of citizens in government, works to increase understanding of major policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. The League takes no position on candidates for public office or on political parties. Any person of voting age may become a League member.
- NON-PARTISAN: The League of Women Voters of White Plains (LWVWP) is a non-partisan organization which encourages political responsibility through informed and active participation of citizens in government.
- NON-ENDORSING: The League does not endorse candidates or support political parties, but it does take a position and acts on certain government issues after thorough study.
- GOVERNMENT FOCUSED: The League is interested in government on national, state, county, and local levels.
- SERVICE ORIENTED: League activities also include registration of voters, providing voter information, and sponsorship of non-partisan candidates’ forums.
- LOCALLY BASED: The League of Women Voters of White Plains serves the city of White Plains.
- NETWORKED: The local leagues are affiliated with leagues at the county, state and national levels.