The Census 2020 Education team continues its three main tasks:
- finding groups to hear our program, focusing on those connected to historically-low responders;
- making the presentations (long or short) or providing the information in an alternate format;
- participating on the County and City of Ann Arbor Complete Count Committees.
What we need: venues for our presentation, aiming to increase the count of groups that are historically undercounted, for example:
- college students,
- people who are undocumented,
- have less education or lower income,
- whose first language is not English,
- who are minorities.
Please help us find groups to hear our presentation. Send your suggestions and a name and contact information to
Margaret Leary, LWVAAA Census Education Coordinator.
We are especially looking for ways to present at Washtenaw Community College, Catholic churches, African American churches. Need contacts for pre-school locations to send home flyers reminding parents to include their children in the Census. Need contacts to ministerial associations throughout Washtenaw County.